Friday, February 1, 2013

Blessed, in my own ways



I may not be blessed with a complete and loving family, big house, perfect grades, pretty face or a body that is to die for but I know I'm blessed in my own ways and so are you (whoever that is reading this)!

 You know how one day you finally "wake up" to reality and start to treasure your parents even more than before, not because they shower you with love by getting you what you want but because it suddenly dawn upon you that their love for you is selfless and endless and you know that you can never love them as much as they love you?

I love my mom and dad so much (yeah, to the moon and back kind)... they are so noble and even though they don't say it, I know they actually do exchange their happiness for me and my sisters'. I know they are willing to provide us with what we want even though it's beyond their means. We (my sisters and I) are spoilt at a young age because back then, we were well to do - better than now, at least.

We are still living in our "fantasy" and we refuse to sink in, to accept the fact that my parents can't afford everything that they used to be able to give us - a home, a maid, x'mas parties, random trips overseas as a family etc. Yeah, material things.

I know how hard the both of you are working to provide us with whatever we asked for (or whatever that we didn't, but you know we would want it) - like how my dad offered to get my little sis a S3 a few months back and now, an iPad without her even asking.

You may have realize it by now, that both my parents' love language is "gifts".

...back to the first paragraph about being blessed after digressing so much! I'll be flying off to KL this afternoon with my sisters and mom on SIA business class! I'm so thankful, lets hope this trip will be a good one even though it's to somewhere near. We haven't been traveling as a family in ages. X

No comments: